J
Posted By
JAT
Jun 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A friend send me some photographs which are simple .jpg files. When I click on them in PhotoShop I get the following message; ‘Could not open the document because the file-format module cannot parse the file.’

Can anyone tell me what exactly this means and how I can open these files in PhotoShop. I can open them in ‘My Pictures’ so I know there is nothing wrong with them.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MH
Mike Hyndman
Jun 26, 2006
"JAT" wrote in message
A friend send me some photographs which are simple .jpg files. When I click on them in PhotoShop I get the following message; ‘Could not open the document because the file-format module cannot parse the file.’
Can anyone tell me what exactly this means and how I can open these files in PhotoShop. I can open them in ‘My Pictures’ so I know there is nothing wrong with them.
Parsing is changing code from one form to another (source to object for example) Your error message could be due to corrupt image data (although you say you can view it "My Pictures" is this the thumbnail in the folder or are you opening the JPG in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer?) or indicative of a memory (ram) problem.

MH
T
toby
Jun 27, 2006
JAT wrote:

They might not actually be JPEGs. If you send me one I can take a look and see what format it really is.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections