CR
Posted By
Christopher_R_Watson
Aug 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop 7 is failing to start up, consistently hanging on the "Initialization" portion of the startup routine (that’s the second "Initialization", which follows the loading of brushes, palettes, and preferences) and forcing me to perform a Force Quit to get out. It was working on two days ago and I have not made any changes to my system in the interim (i.e., no new fonts, system updates, etc.). I’m working in Mac OS 10.3.5 with Photoshop 7.01. I have deleted and reinstalled Photoshop but it hasn’t made any difference.

Can any suggest why Photoshop has suddenly decided to stop working?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CR
Christopher_R_Watson
Aug 25, 2004
Apparently it was a temporary glitch. I restarted my system and PS is working fine now. Never mind.
RB
Richard_BRackin
Aug 25, 2004
I remember I used to open the process manager and watch what was happening after Photoshop 7 would appear to hang on ‘initialization’.

After Photoshop crashed, I would launch the Process Manager and I would watch the RAM get chewed up while the Photoshop re-launched and the splash screen always appeared to be stuck on the ‘initialization’ section. After a while it would go away.

Maybe it was digging through RAM before the app started. That ‘initializing’ thing would nearly always happen to me if Photoshop 7 crashed.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections