K
Posted By
KoperniK
Apr 21, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I used a tryout version of PS CS2 for two weeks just fine. I bought the CD today and removed the trial version. Put the CD in, did a fresh clean install and all went well. Photoshop worked fine for a few minutes until my Acrobat Pro 7.0 searched for an update (never did this before installing PS CS2)

After Acrobat installed it’s update, it wanted to restart so I obliged. Ever since then, Neither Photoshop CS2 nor Imageready CS2 will load. Both hang on the splash screen and never fully load.

I have restarted again and now get the same results except that one of these three Adobe programs has the system asking me to do a .NET password.

what is going on? HELP!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Apr 22, 2006
"Paul in San Diego" wrote in message
I used a tryout version of PS CS2 for two weeks just fine. I bought the CD today and removed the trial version. Put the CD in, did a fresh clean install and all went well. Photoshop worked fine for a few minutes until my Acrobat Pro 7.0 searched for an update (never did this before installing PS CS2)

After Acrobat installed it’s update, it wanted to restart so I obliged. Ever since then, Neither Photoshop CS2 nor Imageready CS2 will load. Both hang on the splash screen and never fully load.

I have restarted again and now get the same results except that one of these three Adobe programs has the system asking me to do a .NET password.
what is going on? HELP!
Paul,

1st: Try deleting your preferences file, hold down the shift, alt and control keys and then start PS with them held down.
2nd: Ring Adobe, installation problems are handled FOC.

HTH
MH
K
KoperniK
Apr 24, 2006
Deleting the PREFs file worked. What does holding those keys down do for ya?
———-
"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message

what is going on? HELP!
Paul,

1st: Try deleting your preferences file, hold down the shift, alt and control keys and then start PS with them held down.
2nd: Ring Adobe, installation problems are handled FOC.
HTH
MH

MH
Mike Hyndman
Apr 24, 2006
Deleting the PREFs file worked. What does holding those keys down do for ya?
Paul,

Holding the keys down whilst starting, starts PS with a "clean slate" by giving you the option at start up to delete the prefs file.( A new one is generated) When strange things start to happen in PS it is generally due to a corrupted prefs file.
Glad you got it sorted.
Regards

Mike H

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections