K
Posted By
Katah
Aug 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
my client gives me paralax (I think that is the name??!–when he takes a photo of a picture and he is at an angle) photos
of course he wants me to square them off before putting them on his web site!?? please help!…I am sure there is a trick to this
using a G4, Photoshop CS

Thanks….katah

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 24, 2004
‘Perspective’ transform.
K
Katah
Aug 24, 2004
humm…thanks, but I think I am might need a bit more info… this is what I did …
I used the rectangular marque tool, selected the image, went into edit, and selected transform then perspective…this gives me the opportunity to move it , but it seems to me like it is just sliding over, and not actually moving the top part without the bottom…?
do you have any other ideas ?
Katah
PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 24, 2004
Pull horizontal and vertical guides for reference and then use Free Transform pulling the corners while holding the Command key down until things line up the way you want.
R
Ram
Aug 24, 2004
Check the Help files or the User Guide for Perspective. I like to use the Crop tool rather than the selection marquee, but the principle is basically the same, just that the mechanics are simpler in the Crop Tool.
K
Katah
Aug 24, 2004
Peter, I have my guides on…but can’t seem to have access to the transform?…should I be selecting something?
Ramón, thanks, I will still go to check out the user guide K
R
Ram
Aug 25, 2004
Katah,

If you use the Crop Tool’s Perspective capabilities, you don’t have to bother with "Transform" nor with holding down any modifier keys to do anything. It’s very straight forward.
K
Katah
Aug 25, 2004
great!!!…….Got it!…….
using the crop tool and perspective capabilities…….Thanks so much! katah
PF
Peter_Figen
Aug 25, 2004
Katah,

I forgot to tell you to make a duplicate of your background layer first and make sure you’re not on the Path Tool (you can’t select Free Transform with the Path tool checked.) After you’ve made the duplicate BG layer, hit Command-T to select Free Transform. From there it should be straightforward.

While you can do this type of correction with the Perspective Crop, there can be some disadvantages to that, chief among them is that you’ve cropped your image and along with it anything on another layer that might have extended beyond the canvas. Duplicating the layer and transforming that gives you the option of quickly seeing a before and after as well a leaving the underlying images intact if needed. It also easier to crop conventionally afterward.
R
Ram
Aug 25, 2004
As usual, I disagree with Peter. 🙂

I find the Crop Tool easier to use, and it does give you a pretty good preview by highlighting the portions of your image you’re keeping and the areas you necessarily have to discard around the edges.

I’d definitely work only on a duplicate copy of the image, though.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 25, 2004
STOP SHOOTING 35mm format and use a 4 x 5 for product shots!
Z
Zeb
Aug 25, 2004
And don’t forget to RESIZE them for web use. 😉
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 25, 2004
Mike, If we could only correct at the camera we wouldn’t need to do so much Photoshop work. Photoshop has almost put the camera in the back seat.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 25, 2004
So charge the Client a little bit more for doing the perspective-corrections than what it would have cost to shoot on 5 x 4 in the first place?!

And tell them that it would have been cheaper and quicker to have done it correctly in the first place….
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 26, 2004
And live with the endless straightening of images because the client was too cheep to do it correctly in the first place?

NOT!
K
Katah
Aug 26, 2004
Great…thanks to all for continuing the discussion!

for sure I will charge more for corrections!!

Peter, I will try your technique, and see what works better for me

Katah

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections