B
Posted By
Beemer
Apr 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I couldnt figure out why I have fine horizontal cyan lines on some prints. No missing lines on printer test.

Today while printing I was messing around with cloning my video card output to TV and sound changing 5.1 surround settings. Sure enough when the print came out the blue lines had appeared.

My Epson 1290 is usb connected and I suspect that either electrical noise or usb loading on Wacom + card reader +iPaq + printer affected the print.

Beemer

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
bmoag
Apr 11, 2006
Sorry to burst your balloon.
The blue lines are a sign of a dying print head.
You can go through umpteen cleaning cycles, generate a few good prints, but the blue lines will appear again. It has nothing to do with your video card. However some Photoshop filters, if notched up too high, will result in fine lines across the print but usually not the blue lines of print head death. Replacing the print head is about half the cost of a new printer. You makes your choices.
Nothing lasts forever, especially Epson printers. However I have not found a credible alternative brand for high quality output. If you have alot of money invested in 1280 ink cartridges sitting around I would make a decision soon as who knows how long Epson will continue to market this now ancient printer.
B
Beemer
Apr 12, 2006
"bmoag" wrote in message
| Sorry to burst your balloon.
| The blue lines are a sign of a dying print head.
| You can go through umpteen cleaning cycles, generate a few good prints, but
| the blue lines will appear again. It has nothing to do with your video card.
| However some Photoshop filters, if notched up too high, will result in fine
| lines across the print but usually not the blue lines of print head death. | Replacing the print head is about half the cost of a new printer. | You makes your choices.
| Nothing lasts forever, especially Epson printers. However I have not found a
| credible alternative brand for high quality output. If you have alot of | money invested in 1280 ink cartridges sitting around I would make a decision
| soon as who knows how long Epson will continue to market this now ancient | printer.
|
|
Yes the lines are still there when I printed again today. I have searched around and your opinion about head failing does appear confirmed. However I am curious as to why the blue lines are most prominent only at the start and end of the print? I do not have "maximum", "no margins" or "high speed"
selected.

Beemer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections