GC
Posted By
gary_cornhouse
Aug 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way that you can find out if an image file has been interpolated up in size?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 23, 2004
I hope not : )
AD
amadou_diallo
Aug 23, 2004
With experience you can spot poorer quality interpolations by eye. And if you’re thinking it’s interpolated it probably is. The only other way is if you can find out the digital camera (through EXIF) or scanner that generated the file and compare the capture device’s max resolution to the file’s current resolution.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 23, 2004
I often scan at lower than max rez or stitch digital shots.

Canon has a new (?) feature that may help spot some changes in their captures, aimed at law enforcement (but you wouldn’t be interested, would you amadou ? : )
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 24, 2004
I hope not : )

That was José Jimenez’s answer when Ed Sullivan asked him, "Is that a crash helmet?"
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Aug 24, 2004
I’d need a crash helmet if some people knew what I have to do to their files : ) (Resizing a flattened file by just one pixel, smooths a comb-like histogram)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections