JG
Posted By
Jim_Guenther
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a problem bringing a client file into Photoshop cs. The problem is that when I open it in cs the type wants to rejustify. If I open it in 7.0 it is fine. Is there a problem with my extensis suitcase folder, is it the atm they may be using or is there something else I am missing?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
Jim,

Clicking on your name I see you post in the Windows forums. Are you in fact using a Mac now? If so, what exact version of OS X are you using?

More details on the file would help. Do you have the exact same font on both systems? Which font is it? Was the file created on a Mac too? If not, some reflowing is to be expected. (I assume when you type "rejustify" you mean "reflow". Am I right?)
JG
Jim_Guenther
Aug 20, 2004
Oops! Yes, I am in fact using Mac 10.3.4 I am not sure of the terminology reflow tracing. The type spacing is spreading out getting wider.
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
From my post #1:

More details on the file would help. Do you have the exact same font on both systems? Which font is it? Was the file created on a Mac too? If not, some reflowing is to be expected.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 20, 2004
<< The type spacing is spreading out getting wider. >>

That sounds as though your client set the type to Justify.

Try selecting all of the text and changing it to "Left Align Text". (This is in the left hand group in your Paragraphs palette rather than the confusingly-named: "Justify last line left" in the central group).
JG
Jim_Guenther
Aug 24, 2004
Ann why is it that 7.0 opens fine. but CS is doing this left align thing? Oh by the way your answer saved me on that particular instance. I work for a large prepress company and sometimes we get files from, god only knows, anyway there is no telling what designer or mac " artist worked the file. I just found it kind of strange that 7.0 thw type was fine, but CS Wanted to do something else.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 24, 2004
The Text Engine changed.
You will find it a great improvement—once you get used to it. (Check out the new options in the fly-out menus in the paragraph and character palettes.)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections