Posted By
Carob
Aug 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello.

I’m hoping someone can answer this question for me regarding File Broswer Files on an OS 9 machine that are located in /System Folder\Application Support/Adobe/File Browser/Photoshop 7. My question is basically what are there? On this one machine there are over 27,000 files in this folder. Are these something that can be deleted or do they directly relate to something and have to be there?

An example of the names are AAAAAAAA2 (kind = File Browser Thumbnail) and AAAAAAAA2M (kind = File Browser MetaData).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jonf
Aug 20, 2004
I’m hoping someone will answer this, so I’m going to respond to bump it up. I’ve suspected those are preview files or links created everytime the File Browser views a folder for the first time. If so, I’d guess they can be deleted without consequence (other than slowing down the Browser next time you use those folders), since PS would just automatically create new ones next time you need them. But it would be nice if someone who actually knows could confirm or deny that.
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
Those are Photoshop 7 "Adobe Photoshop file browser thumbnail cache files".

You can find them in OS X too if you have run Photoshop 7 in OS X: HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe: File Browser : Photoshop7.
C
Carob
Aug 20, 2004
But what does removing them do? Or not do?
R
Ram
Aug 20, 2004
The next time you open one of those images, Photoshop 7 will take just a tiny bit longer to create the preview. No big deal.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections