SP
Posted By
Stacy_Pujol
Aug 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Well I did the ultimate no no and haven’t saved my work yet and Photoshop CS color wheel began spinning. Is there any way to stop it without forcing Photoshop to quit so that I can recover my work?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 18, 2004
No.

It is the spinning pizza of death.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 18, 2004
I don’t know what you mean by ultimate no no other than you should save at regular intervals, not because of system errors, but because you want to insure your work to a certain point. Whether or not you loose your work now, you should stop and do system maintenance at this point. The spinning pizza comes only through a system bottleneck that results from various sources of conflicts. The good news is you can keep your system running smooth and avoid the pizza problem, but you must do regular maintenance that covers all levels of system operation. It’s not hard, there are links to system maintenance in abundance on these forums and on the internet.
P
progress
Aug 18, 2004
usually leaving it is the safest option, it normally comes out of it, and the more buttons are pressed the longer it takes.
B
Buko
Aug 18, 2004
Spinning beachball of death as some call it means that your computer is thinking.

or writing to its SWAP file because the system does not have enough RAM.

one of the causes can be to much RAM allocated to photoshop not leaving enough for the system.
G
graffiti
Aug 18, 2004
Spinning beachball of death as some call it means that your computer is thinking.

And spinning pizza of death means that Ken’s hungry again.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Aug 18, 2004
"Macintosh – Mmmmm Pizza."

– Homer Simpson

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections