A
Posted By
amsdcj
Jan 11, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed Adobe Photoshop CS2 9.0 on a Windows XP Desktop Computer. I installed it on the admin account and have no Zone Alarm, only Norton Anti-Virus. Whenever I open it in admin, it works but then when I open in my other account it always comes up with the error "An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please re-install the application.", and I click OK and then it just closes. So I tried re-installing it, even repairing, but it still doesn’t work! Is there an easy, simple way to fix this. Can somebody please help!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

T
tukkanoid
Jan 12, 2006
your problem has a simple way how to fix it. you got to log on as admin, than right click on My Computer, than find manage and click on it. It will open a new window, here you got to find Services and Aplications and open it and then click on Services, on the right side of the window will appear lots of services, but you got to find the one that is connected with the adobe photoshop cs2. When you will it, just open it and make it active for all users.
Those services are usually deactivated automaticly, so admins have to make them active manually.
T
tukkanoid
Jan 12, 2006
your problem has a simple way how to fix it. you got to log on as admin, than right click on My Computer, than find manage and click on it. It will open a new window, here you got to find Services and Aplications and open it and then click on Services, on the right side of the window will appear lots of services, but you got to find the one that is connected with the adobe photoshop cs2. When you will it, just open it and make it active for all users.
Those services are usually deactivated automaticly, so admins have to make them active manually.
A
amsdcj
Jan 19, 2006
I went to it, and the only one that looks related to Adobe is something like AdobeLM Software. I already activated manually, and nothing happens. But I am guessing it is not related to Photoshop CS2, because when I open Adobe Photoshop CS2, and If I right click on the program in Task Manager and click "Go to Process" it goes to Photoshop.exe , and even if I clock the Adobe LM stuff in Task Manager, Photoshop CS2 still stays opened. Please help.
A
amsdcj
Jan 25, 2006
wrote:

I went to it, and the only one that looks related to Adobe is something like AdobeLM Software. I already activated manually, and nothing happens. But I am guessing it is not related to Photoshop CS2, because when I open Adobe Photoshop CS2, and If I right click on the program in Task Manager and click "Go to Process" it goes to Photoshop.exe , and even if I clock the Adobe LM stuff in Task Manager, Photoshop CS2 still stays opened. Please help.

Can somebody please help
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 25, 2006
When you installed / reinstalled was Norton running? Norton is a nightmare!

MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 25, 2006
Is your account a "limited" account? If not why didn’t you just install PS on your own account? Have you tried right clicking on the PS icon and selecting Run As? The dialogue box displays the current user and the following user. Selecting the "following user" will display a list of all the PC’s account holders and their password field in drop down boxes. If your in your own account you can then choose, Administrator, put the password in and see if PS runs.

MH
A
amsdcj
Jan 25, 2006
Yes thankyou so much. It doesnt work when I run it as my own account (even though it is an admin account), but when I run it as the default admin account, it works! But how do I make this stay like that, so I dont have to always go to "Run as…" e.t.c.
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 26, 2006
wrote in message
Yes thankyou so much. It doesnt work when I run it as my own account (even though it is an admin account), but when I run it as the default admin account, it works! But how do I make this stay like that, so I dont have to always go to "Run as…" e.t.c.
When PS is installed (on any account) it installs a number of files and folders to the following location "C:\Documents and Settings\Account name\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings", where "account name" in your case is Administrator. It doesn’t copy these files and folders to any other account holder. That is why it will not run in your own account because you do not have these files and folders. This could be Adobe’s way of ensuring one installation, one user. You could try copying the folder from the above location into the same place in your account but, as it knows where it was originally installed to this may not work either. If it was going to work Tukkanoid’s instructions should have solved it for you. Is it not possible to to deactivate it on the admins account and reinstall it on your own? Or are there other account users who needs to use it?

Regards
MH
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 26, 2006
You could try copying the folder from the above location into the same place in your
account but, as it knows where it was originally installed to this may not work either.

This is where the "prefs" file lives and it does contain a reference to its original install location, so simply copying it to a new location shouldn’t work. What you could try is copying the folder mentioned in the previous post to the exact same location in your account, then from your account, start PS with the shift,alt and control keys held down. This will delete the original prefs file (administrator) and should recreate a new one in your account.

MH
A
amsdcj
Jan 26, 2006
No, I did it and nothing worked. It already supposedly had the same folder in the location before I did anything, and it isnt that Tukkanoid’s instructions didnt work, it’s just when I went to it, the only Adobe program there was AdobeLM Software, and there wasn’t any Photoshop. The program is mainly used in my account, but is needed on the other accounts. I already once tried to install in on my account and it was the same situation as this one. I dont understand how a program can give so much trouble, before I restroed my computer from scratch, I had CS2 on there, and nothing happened when I installed it! If somebody does know how to fix this, please help, for now I just have to keep on going to "Run as…"
A
amsdcj
Jan 30, 2006
Can somebody please help?
A
amsdcj
Jan 30, 2006
MH
Mike Hyndman
Jan 30, 2006
wrote in message
As this ng has been unable to sort out your problem try the Adobe forum, click on the link below, if they can’t solve it, it doesn’t exist 😉

http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html

then choose your programme from the list on the left , in your case Adobe Photoshop & AdobeImage Ready (make sure you select the correct O/S) and register (free) to join the forum.

Regards

Mike H

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections