R
Posted By
rgardens
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible to modify the colors PSE 2 uses to display folders and paths in the File Browser? I have visual problems, and the black on white scheme File Browser uses is very difficult for me to read. If I could change it so that the background for the directory trees was black instead of white, I would be much happier. Also, the folder name font is miserably small in the trees, so that doesn’t add to my user satisfaction either. I doubt that anything can be done about that.

I searched through all the preference settings, but I couldn’t find anything that might work for changing the background color. White may be nonnegotiable(Windows 98, Pentium III, 450MHz).

Howard Robinson

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BG
Byron Gale
Jan 20, 2004
Howard,

I’m running 98SE on a pIII 500.

In the Display Properties, Appearance panel, for the Window item, I set the Item color to black, and the text color to white.

The File Browser does NOT respect this setting, while the File-Open navigation window does. It appears that File Browser does not use the environment settings.

Sorry…

Byron
R
rgardens
Jan 20, 2004
Thanks, Byron. I discovered after I’d posted my message that if I first use the File Browser tree to select any level below the Desktop, I can then turn off the Expanded Browser option (from the More drop down list) and get just thumbnails with the black background I want. There’s no directory tree, but as long as I start out below the Desktop, I can navigate by clicking on the folders that appear along with the thumbnails, the same way that My Computer does. You don’t see a hierarchy, but you can move up and down just fine, and you can always use the drop down list of directory paths above the thumbnails to jump to wherever you’ve been above the current location.

I’d say that’s a pretty good alternative for people with Mr. Magoo vision like me.

Thanks again.

Howard
RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 21, 2004
On Windows XP, Elements 2.0 suports the High Contrast Black mode. To use this feature go to Control Panel >Accesibility Options>Select the option to Adjust Text and Colors on your Screen >Click Settings and >Choose High Contrast Black (don’t use the High Contrast Black [large] setting)>Click OK >Click Apply.

Rich

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections