HW
Posted By
h_wong
Jan 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using photoshop elements 2.0 in Windows XP — after I click "open" and right-click to access "arrange icons by" no matter how many times I change it to "name" the next time I "Open…" the list reverts back to reverse "modified". Any ideas? Could it be a registry problem? I ran "xp shellstate.reg" but that didn’t fix it. It’s not a critical issue, I can deal with it but it "bugs" me, so if anyone knows of a fix…? Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Dick_Smith
Jan 19, 2004
By "reverse modified" do you mean that the list is sorted with the oldest first? If you want to have it sorted by name, all you should need to do is click on the word "name" at the top of the "open" window (provided you are viewing "list" or "details"). If you are viewing the open dialog window with thumbnails, you need to got to "list" or "details" view before cliking on the word "name"

If the sort is upside down, i.e. z>a click "name" again and it will go to a>Z.

As I recall that setting will be retained until you change the sort order another time.

Dick

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections