TR
Posted By
Tim_Robertson
Jan 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to use the lasso tool as precisely as I can. I have the image blown up to much asier see the borders I am capturing. Is there a way to scroll up or down to other areas of the picture while keeping the lasso activated? I am using Elements 1. Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SS
Susan_S.
Jan 18, 2004
If it’s the same as PE2, then holding the spacebar down will change whatever tool you are using to the hand tool, allowing you to pull the image up or down. Releasing the space bar returns to whatever tool you were using before.
Susan S.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 18, 2004
Tim, hold down the space bar and this will turn your lasso into the hand tool where you can move your image where you want….when your done moving image position your cursor back to where you left off and let go of space bar.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 18, 2004
ah ya beat me to it Susan 😉
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 18, 2004
Tim, while continuing to hold down the mouse button, hold down the space bar and push with the mouse; you’ll scroll, and when you release the space bar, you’ll still be in the same place with the lasso. Takes a little doing to get the coordination right, but it’s a winner.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Jan 18, 2004
And both Susan and Jodi beat me… Darn…it was one I knew the answer to….
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 18, 2004
oh but you explained it so well 🙂
TR
Tim_Robertson
Jan 18, 2004
Thanks guys…….works like a charm!!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections