MB
Posted By
Mau_Bast
Aug 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi…I just started using CS (upgraded from 7) and I’m trying to get the "basic" round (hard and soft) brushes to smooth, but the option in locked in the brush palette! Is there a way to unlock it, or is there a place that I can download these brushes somewhere else and use smoothing?

Thanks..

Oh, yeah, and I checked the "spacing" option, but as soon as I leave the brushes palette, the spacing option "unchecks" and it continues to lock smoothing. Am I supposed to save these settings somehow?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 12, 2004
Yes – you can unlock it, just click on the lock.

Spending some time reading the manual might also help.
MB
Mau_Bast
Aug 12, 2004
Heh. I already tried that and it didn’t do ANYTHING. Oh, yeah, and I did read the manual. I’ve been reading it for hours now and there’s nothing in here about this. Thanks for being a wiseass. Not everyone is the idiot you might suppose them to be.
CC
Chris_Cox
Aug 12, 2004
Clicking the lock DOES do something – it changes the lock state so that the control can vary from preset to preset.

And if you want all brushes to use smoothing, you should lock the control and enable it.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
Aug 12, 2004
I’d like to know why the lock icon on a layer travels with a multilayer document when the layer is not anywhere near locked.

me smell bug.
R
Ram
Aug 12, 2004
Mau,

I just tried it, and the lock icon behaves EXACTLY like Chris stated.

Clicking the lock DOES do something – it changes the lock state so that the control can vary from preset to preset.

It’s in the Help files, just do a search on brush preset lock icon or customizing brush tips in Help.

Alternatively, turn to page 170 of the Photoshop CS User Guide, a.k.a. The Fine Manual.

I did read the manual. I’ve been reading it for hours now and there’s nothing in here about this.

You were saying…?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections