DJ
Posted By
Douglas_J_Hall
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve had Photoshop CS on my Powerbook G4 running OS 10.3.4 for a while with no problems, now it refuses to open, after a few bounces of the icon and some hard disk noises. All other applications run fine, I’ve checked permissions, zapped prefs, re installed Photoshop and still no go! I had the same problem when installing Photoshop CS on my home Mac, from installation it would not run then one day a month or so later it decided to run and now no problems. Any clues? Is there a limit to how many installs you can carry out from one disk?

Doug H

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Aug 11, 2004
No limit on how many times you can install and re-install Photoshop from the same CD on two machines you own and don’t use at the same time.

Try quitting Photoshop, trashing the preferences and relaunching.

Try Repairing Permissions (with Apple’s Disk Utility) BEFORE and AFTER any system upgrade as well as BEFORE and AFTER installing any software that uses an installer.

I know it sounds like OS X voodoo, and it is; but it fixes and prevents a bunch of problems.

Additionally, if your machine does not run 24/7 so that it runs the daily, weekly and monthly Cron Scripts in the middle of the night as intended, run Cocktail (shareware) as well.
DJ
Douglas_J_Hall
Aug 11, 2004
Well I can’t believe it but I changed nearest city from London to Edinburgh in Date & Time and Photoshop CS opens!!!!!!! What’s that all about????

Thank you
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 11, 2004
Did you actually have it set to "London" or was it in fact on "GMT"? The latter is a known bug.

[Is Daylight Saving Time the cause of the problem?]
DJ
Douglas_J_Hall
Aug 11, 2004
Seems to be set at BST British Summer Time automatically
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Aug 11, 2004
Our computers are set to Summertime automatically but GMT is always GMT—which is why I suspect that it upsets Photoshop which is possibly governed by "Computer" time?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections