Posted By
Paula_Robbins
Aug 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am looking for someone who has experience using any sort of morphing plug-ins for photoshopCS. I read about one called "SQUIZZ 4.4" which sounds really great but was wondering if anyone else out there has ever used this plugin or would have a better suggestion?

I am currently using Photoshop CS on a Powermac G4, OSX with tons of RAM.

Thanks,
Paula

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JY
Jack_Youngblood
Aug 19, 2004
Had some experience with Squizz. Good functionality (paths distorts, envelopes etc) but one of the suckiest interfaces ever made. Makes it almost impossible to use. It is, however, capable of handling huge files (Liquify seems limited in this regard). A stand alone app called Morph (OS9) was very easy to use and could produce Quicktime movies. Also was free. Ported into the OS X Morohage. (not free now). Had the added advantage of being able to morph between two different images (is this what you want?).

For all my Morphing needs I now use the Morphing feature of Shake (Apples very high end compositing program) but only have access to this at work (bloody expensive). I believe that there are similar plugins for After Effects.

All slightly off topic but I find that time and again I am going to Video Apps for my needs, being frustrated by some of Photoshop’s limitations.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Aug 20, 2004
Adobe needs to bring Illustrator’s enveloppe distort to Ps,or buy squizz’s program, and give it a better UI!

It is amazing that Illustrator has better tools to distort raster images than Photoshop! (the 3D effects, plus the Enveloppe distort)
Yes, the creative suite is a good deal, but why force us to jump between programs to treat an image?

There should be a way to move those tools to PS, like it could be done with photomerge from elements to PS7

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections