EL
Posted By
Emily_Loomer
Jan 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay…since you guys are MUCH better than adobe technical help…AND faster…I have ONE more issue to request your guidance with. When I work on an image no smaller than 2" x 2" but no larger than 8 1/2" x 11" and insert a text layer…even if the font is 10pt or smaller, the curser is often as large as … if not LARGER than the image. Makes it very difficult to place text. Is there any solution to this problem?

Emily

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
Jan 16, 2004
Check the resolution of the images you’re working on. There’s a relationship between the pixels per inch and the size of the font (and cursor). The lower the res, the larger things will look.
EL
Emily_Loomer
Jan 16, 2004
That seems to do something…by setting it to 10000 pixels per inch I get a "manageble" cursor size. Still considerably larger than the tex that I am typing. 10,000 seems a very high setting when we average between 75 & 600 (newspaper black and white)

Emily
BG
Byron Gale
Jan 16, 2004
Beth,

Just for accuracy’s sake… the font looks smaller with lower ppi.

This behavior of PSE still has me scratching my head, at times.

Byron
EL
Emily_Loomer
Jan 16, 2004
This particular function is VERY aggravating. We’re talking a 2" cursor and THAT’s at 10,000 ppi, for a 10 pt font.

Emily
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 16, 2004
Emily

For the life of me I can’t replicate what you are doing. Can anyone tell me how to emulate the problem so I can try to find a work around?

g.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jan 16, 2004
On a small doc like that, you would probably be better off setting font size in pixels rather than points. Just type in px after the number and it will translate to pt.

Whatever your total pixel height of doc, make the font in pixel size to match proportionally.

Mac
EL
Emily_Loomer
Jan 16, 2004
Thanks guys so much for your help. Out of desperation I just reset the tool…and it fixed it.

Emily
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 16, 2004
well then, that was a good idea wasn’t it ? 🙂
EL
Emily_Loomer
Jan 16, 2004
Oh yes…if I had known how to reset the tool…I mighta done that earlier! As it stands…I was just clicking on things to see the sorts of menus I might get. VERY scientific.

Em

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections