JC
Posted By
john_c_griffin
Nov 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to save 8 bit image files with no layers the jpg option is not listed as an option in the drop-down menue. I open NEF files as tif files. When I want to save the tif file as a jpg this option is not available. Help

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 6, 2005
The Jpeg option is not available in 16bit nor in certain other modes, Lab Colour for instance. If you can’t save an 8 bit RGB Flattened file as a Jpeg you might just have a corrupt preferences file. Try resetting this as per the instructions in the forum FAQs.

Chris.
JC
john_c_griffin
Nov 6, 2005
Did the preference file reset. Still no jpg option. Wonder if I should reinstll the program.. If I do that what about the activation business?
DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 7, 2005
Reinstalling on the same machine will not affect activation. Do you have any spot channels in this image? I think they also mess up saving as jpg. Also, you didn’t confirm that the images are RGB.

Don
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Nov 7, 2005
Wait a second. Why are you opening NEF files as TIFF files? NEF is the extension used for Nikon’s format for RAW files (as well as for a proprietary version of its scanner output). You should be using Adobe Camera Raw. It may be possible to open a NEF file as TIFF, because most camera raw formats are based on extensions from TIFF, but there is a lot of stuff in RAW files beyond a TIFF image. There could be invisible layers, channels, etc., any of which would prevent saving as JPEG. Try opening in Camera Raw.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections