Posted By
jerricurrl
Aug 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I am on a G4/System 9 using Photoshop 5.5.

Will be upgrading both computer and software soon, but in the meantime I have a problem using the marquee tool and the layer effects.

Upon opening layer effects/drop shadow dialog box, the software crashes. When I try to force quit the program, the system crashes.

Also, I can use the marquee tool with no feathering, but trying to use the feathering results in a system crash.

I have tried the following:
• trash preferences
• re install software
• allocate more memory

Is there anything else I can try that will help me get to the root of this problem? Thanks in advance,

Jerri

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Aug 6, 2004
Is your G4 a dual processor if so read the FAQs.
J
jerricurrl
Aug 6, 2004
Buko,

I am embarrassed to say that I do not know if my computer is dual processor, but I believe it is, so I went to the FAQ as you suggested.

I found a thread titled "MP Mac Crashes or Locks When Using Various Tools or Filters" and followed the link and steps there.

I’ve only tried it once on a small document, but the problem seems to have been fixed ( ::crossing fingers:: ).

Thanks,

Jerri
B
Buko
Aug 6, 2004
You can find out by using system profiler.

but if you fixed the problem it most likely is.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections