S
Posted By
scottvaughan
Jan 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My photos, improved with Photoshop Elements 2, saved as JPEG, then transferred to memory stick, will not display on the TV when the memory stick is inserted into the slot in my expensive new TV. JPEGs on the stick NOT processed by Elements do display beautifully.
How can I work the Elements magic and then display my JPEGs on the TV using mem stick? Sony Camera DSC F707.
Sony TV KF60WE610.
Windows XP

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Jan 13, 2004
Scott,

The same topic came up in this thread:

Raymond Robillard "Writing DCF compatible JPEG" 12/23/03 4:21pm </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

I don’t know if the original poster found the answer, as he never posted another response.

As the owner of two Sony digicams, I know that images I’ve edited (Elements or any other image app) and put back on a memory stick won’t display on the cameras’ LCDs, either. (Was thinking of doing that to run a slide show at someone else’s home)

Without a doubt, the Sony devices have a very specific set of parameters which they will work with to display JPG. A friend has one of the Sony 4×6 printers that hooks up to the TV. Edited images won’t display on it, either, although it will print them beautifully. The same edited images that won’t display in-camera also are handled perfectly at the Costco photo lab kiosk/terminal, when transported via mem. stick.

Sorry I don’t have any answers.

Byron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections