Copy and past objects smaller in new file?

MH
Posted By
mike_hillis
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Elements 2 on windows xp. Why is it that when I copy and past a part of one jpg into another jpg, for example when replacing the sky in a jpg, the bit pasted in is always smaller than it was in the original file. This happens even if the jpg the piece is cut from is 9" wide and the jpg it is past into is less than 9". I don’t get it.
Please help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 12, 2004
Mike

When you cut and past if the original and the target file are different resolutions then the copy will not match in size then you will have to be adjusted by hand. Try it copying an object from a file set at 72 dpi to one set at 300 dpi and then the other way around. I’m sure you will se what the problem is if you do this.

Grant
MH
mike_hillis
Jan 12, 2004
Both images say that their resolution is 605 pixels/inch. Or are you talking about when they were scanned? If you are talking about when they were scanned, is there any way of making them the same resolution if I do not have the original picture to scan?
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 12, 2004
If both resolutions are the same then they should copy the same size that is if both images are displayed at the same percentage of sizing in Element

Grant
MH
mike_hillis
Jan 12, 2004
Got it. Thanks for the help.
RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 12, 2004
Mike,
Also make sure you are viewing both at the same view percentage. Something can also look bigger than it is. (Objects may be closer than they appear).
Rich

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections