RS
Posted By
Rick_Schneblin
Nov 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My grayscale has turned sepia tone. I convert an image to grascale and it turns brownish in tone. When I test the color with the dropper, it renders as brown and not grayscale!? My grayscale swatches all look brown tint as well.

I have read that this is an issue, but the suggestions have yet to work for me. I have tried restarting the computer and changing the profile.

I use Photoshop CS2 on a Dell with dual monitors.

Please help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 2, 2005
Run Adobe Gamma from the Control Panel, and make sure Adobe Gamma Launcher is in the Startup menu
RS
Rick_Schneblin
Nov 2, 2005
I looked for Adobe Gamma in the control panel, and it is not there. I found the exe in the Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration folder, but it does not do anything when I try and launch it.

I was able to get my grayscale to pop back to normal by adjusting the color via my Matrox monitor settings. So the problem is solved, but I am confused why the Adobe Gamma Utility is not in my control panel.

Any ideas?
L
LenHewitt
Nov 2, 2005
Rick,

The .exe is the Loader. Adobe Gamma is a .CPL (Control Panel Applet).

Locate Adobe Gamma.CPL and copy it to your Windows\System32 folder. It will then appear in Control Panel (Although you may have to switch to Classic View and have Administrator privileges)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections