CW
Posted By
Charles_Waugh
Oct 26, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS2 hangs when doing a crop on even a tiny file with no layers in it. The crop tool builds a HUGE (32GB!) file on the scratch disk and CS2 hangs.

I began having troubles yesterday, first with Firefox and Adobe Acrobat – they would hang when opening a PDF file. Adobe Reader 7 and Firefox were uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, many settings were changed, etc. It is still not working correctly.

Today, I tried to use CS2 and have this hang in the cropping tool. Being a professional photographer, I am getting a bit frantic.

I have a 3.0 GHz Intel CPU, 2GB of RAM, 320GB of RAID-0 main drive, and a scratch disk with 50GB free. I have upped the page file size, reinstalled CS2, uninstalled all other versions of Photoshop and Adobe Reader, growled and whined, all to no avail.

Ideas?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CW
Charles_Waugh
Oct 26, 2005
Deleting the preferences file fixed the problem.

It seems completely strange to me, but that fixed it.
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 26, 2005
It seems completely strange to me, but that fixed it

A corrupt Prefs file can cause all sorts of unexplained problems – and, of course, it doesn’t automatically get replaced during a reinstall!
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 27, 2005
and deleting the prefs reset the fixed size target that you had entered for the crop tool…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections