history channel photo effects, how do they do that?

J
Posted By
James
Oct 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

How does the history channel make 2d photos apear 3d? I found out how to do the zooming i.e. ken burns effect. but on some photos they cut around the people or objects and then have a ken burns zooming animation effect that apears to make the cut out’s 3d. does this make sence, anyone watch the history channel and see this? how is it done? might be more of a video question rather than a image question….

James

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 26, 2005
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:22:42 GMT, "James"
wrote:

Hi,

How does the history channel make 2d photos apear 3d? I found out how to do the zooming i.e. ken burns effect. but on some photos they cut around the people or objects and then have a ken burns zooming animation effect that apears to make the cut out’s 3d. does this make sence, anyone watch the history channel and see this? how is it done? might be more of a video question rather than a image question….

James
James,
I see from your address that you do not appear to be an Adobeforum member.
This site merely mirrors that forum, so, you can see them but they can’t see you. It took me five weeks to realise this, I just thought I was being ignored for not being a member of the forum or that they couldn’t answer my questions.
Becoming a member is free and easy, just go to www.adobeforums.com and register. You do not have to of course, you can still read all the questions and answers from the forum, in this NG, but getting your own questions answered could be very difficult as very few if any, forum members do so, as there are too busy monitoring their own forum.

HTH
Mike H

remove -bats- to reply

"Ingratitude is never having to say thankyou".
MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 26, 2005
wrote:

Hi,

James
James,

Try this link http://www.holonet.khm.de/visual_alchemy/3d_vid2.html

MH
remove -bats- to reply

J
James
Oct 26, 2005
thank you i will register.. my question didn’t have to do with real 3d acctualy. they literaly cut out people and objects ina photo and then make the cut outs a little larger than the background and then move them in such a way that it apears 3d, altho everything is still flat.. its just a simple hack that they do for old old old photos to apear more entertaining to watch….

"Mike Hyndman" wrote in message
wrote:

Hi,

How does the history channel make 2d photos apear 3d? I found out how to do
the zooming i.e. ken burns effect. but on some photos they cut around the people or objects and then have a ken burns zooming animation effect that apears to make the cut out’s 3d. does this make sence, anyone watch the history channel and see this? how is it done? might be more of a video question rather than a image question….

James
James,

Try this link http://www.holonet.khm.de/visual_alchemy/3d_vid2.html
MH
remove -bats- to reply

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections