T
Posted By
Tobi
Oct 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i have a greyscale image that i would like to display on another scale using color. is there an easy way to convert it so that instead from white to black it only uses shades of blue (white to dark blue)? i have played around with color tables, but don’t seem to get the right results …

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MH
Mike Hyndman
Oct 26, 2005
On 25 Oct 2005 10:38:15 -0700, "Tobi" wrote:

i have a greyscale image that i would like to display on another scale using color. is there an easy way to convert it so that instead from white to black it only uses shades of blue (white to dark blue)? i have played around with color tables, but don’t seem to get the right results …
Tobi,

Have you converted the image to RGB in Image>Mode.
One way to obtain your result, after conversion would be to use Hue/Saturation (Image>Adjustments> Hue & Saturation or Ctrl+U ) on the RGB image, this has three sliders, Hue, Saturation and Lightness. Tick the colorize box and adjust the sliders to suite.
HTH
MH
remove -bats- to reply

"Ingratitude is never having to say thankyou".

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections