MM
Posted By
Maureen_Mahlman
Oct 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I feel like Chirstmas is coming a little early this year, it’s time for a new monitor!

Any suggestions for good quality, reasonably priced monitors or maybe some websites that might lend a hand? I’ll need to justify the purchase to the tech guys, so the more details the better.

Thanks in advance!

-Maureen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 19, 2005
Maureen,

Don’t take it personally. BEATEN to frickin’ DEATH. Search the forum, there are conversations about LCD’s v. CRTs and within them are great links.

Monitors are like cars in a way. So opinions vary widely.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Oct 19, 2005
<whisper softly so YrbkMgr doesn’t hear>….LaCIE…Electron Blue…if you have the $ go for the 21 inch if not go for the 19 inch with the calibration unit</whisper softly so YrbkMgr doesn’t hear>
BL
Bob Levine
Oct 19, 2005
For LCDs, I highly recommend the Dell Ultrasharps. Check out www.gotapex.com for 35% off coupons.

Bob
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 19, 2005
<chuckle @ Christine>
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 19, 2005
Just bear in mind that the LaCie Electron Blue needs a lot of space on the desktop compared with an LCD.
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Oct 20, 2005
But well worth it for the color fidelity and accuracy that I have never gotten with an LCD and compared to an LCD it seems to hold it’s profile soooo much better.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections