PF
Posted By
Phyllis_Freeman
Jul 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is on a MAC TiBook using OS X10.3.4. Just upgraded to Photoshop CS. Plenty of RAM and hard disk space.

Want to use clone tool and bandaid. I select area to work on. Option click on source with either Clone or Bandaid tool, but when I click on area to be cloned, I get a message that I have not Option Clicked on source!

I closed and reopened the image (also tried other images I have), but still the same message pops up.

I then Option/Shifted on source. This time when I clicked the tool I got the brush circle with a + in the center. I tried aligning and not aligning – same problem. Other times the + shows up in an area that I DID NOT option click for source. Very erratic behavior.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is happening?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 26, 2004
Quit out of Photoshop.

Trash your Photoshop prefs.

[The easy way is by holding down Cmd. Option Shift keys while re-launching Photoshop.]
PF
Phyllis_Freeman
Jul 27, 2004
Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I thought it might work, but it didn’t.

I opened PS with keys held down and was asked if I wanted to delete prefs. Clicked "Yes", but when I opened a document and tryed to use the clone tool, stil got the following message:

Could not use the clone stamp because the area to clone has not been defined (option-click to define a source point).

BTW, I tried using the clone on my G4 desktop and tools worked fine. Both computers a configured just about the same way.
G
graffiti
Jul 27, 2004
Are you using Option>Click with an empty layer selected perhaps?
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 27, 2004
That sounds like something is wrong with your option key, or some other application is eating option-click events.
PF
Phyllis_Freeman
Jul 28, 2004
I liked your idea about the option key going wonky, but when I click the option key with the clone or bandaid tool, I get a circle with a cross hairs in the center. This seems like the correct icon response for an option click with these tools.

I’m still scratching my head.

As far as empty layer, the layers palette indicates that there is only one layer with the icon of the image showing. I’ve also made certain the the image was flattened…just in case.

Still looking for suggestions.

Oh yes, I also reinstalled program into my User folder rather than the App folder. BTW, is there anyway to delete the program so that all pieces get trashed?
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 29, 2004
Yes: delete the application folder.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections