TW
Posted By
TIM_WADE
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to Photoshop Elements. When I save a modified photo then re-open it in any program it contains a rectangle background that is at best white. I would like to be able to end up with just the photo as it is cut out or (bordered) with no background around it or just a clear "see through" background. For example a photo of a stop sign that is cut out around the shape in photoshop elements always re-opens as a stop sign with a square or rectangle white border around it instead of just the cut out stop sign. Your help is appreciated!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 29, 2003
Tim,

If you are using jpg format that is the reason as it does not honor/support transparency. All images are rectangular, though you can have a transparent edge and it wouldn’t appear so. Gif supports transparency. If you can’t use a .psd file, convert to gif.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 29, 2003
Tim,

The blue/shite checkerboard pattern in PSE denotes transparency. Always have your Layers Palette visible along the right hand side of your work area. You can use File>Save for Web to convert to gif or keep it in .psd (but not compatible with everything, you would need the program)
MM
Mac_McDougald
Dec 29, 2003
If app you’re putting image into supports it, TIFF with transparency saved might work also.

Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections