HW
Posted By
Hal_Willens
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In Elements, when I print a 4×6 picture the right margin is aligned correctly but the left side of the picture is printed to the margin of the paper and part of the picture is cut off. Anyone know how to correct this? I use Windows xp Pro.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
brent_bertram
Dec 29, 2003
Hal,
If you’re using the "pre-perforated" 4 x 6 photo paper, make sure that you select that paper in the printer driver . Use the image > Image size dialog to check that your image IS , in fact, 4" x 6" . Go to the Paper Tab in the Epson driver and make sure the "center image" box is checked. Hopefully, something better will come out, next time. ( Probably there are several things I’ve missed here, but give us some feedback, and we’ll get you squared away) .

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 29, 2003
Hal, was the picture cropped to 4 by 6 prior to printing? If it came directly from most digital cameras, it will be in the ratio of 4:3 and that would be a 4.5 inch by 6 inch picture. If you sent that to a printer, that extra half-inch might be cropped automatically.

Chuck
RB
Ralph_Brannon
Dec 29, 2003
As obvious at it seems, don’t forget the ‘portrait’/’landscape’ box.I forget all the time and really ticks me off when the print comes out wacked off on the left.

Ralph
<http://www.darkstar.us>
JW
JP White
Dec 29, 2003
wrote:
As obvious at it seems, don’t forget the ‘portrait’/’landscape’ box.I forget all the time and really ticks me off when the print comes out wacked off on the left.

Ralph <http://www.darkstar.us>

Such mistakes can be avoided by selecting print with preview so you can see what’s about to occur. Some print drivers also have a preview option if you prefer to use that one instead.

JP
HW
Hal_Willens
Dec 31, 2003
Thanx for the sugestions, but Ihave tried all of them to no avail. I have cropped to 4×6, centered, and chosen landscape with the same results.Any other suggestions? Hal
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 31, 2003
Hal,

Go to Image>Resize, Image Size. What does it say the dimensions of the image are?

Cut a regular piece of paper as an experiment in half so that it measures 5.5×8.5. Tell you printer you are using a Half Sheet, don’t tell it to center, only tell the printer what orientation it is, portrait or landscape and see what you get. Measure it.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 31, 2003
Hal,

In case you didn’t see this on another thread today…

"Well, I solved the problem. There are 2 ways to select the 4×6 borderless paper from the printer control. One is to actually select the 4×6 (with tab). The second way is to select photo printing and select 4×6 from there. The second approach works, but not the first. Who would’ve thought? "

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections