CS
Posted By
carl_sutherland
Dec 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I would like to download and use the trial simplifier or buZZ lite set of filters found <http://www.skydancers.com/_fo2pix/downloads.html> . I seem to be able to download both and place both in my MAC HD/plug ins folder where I have other functional filters (flaming pear and others). However, neither shows up in my filters menu like the others do. I have a MAC 17 in Powerbook with OS X 10.2.8. Have any of you been sucessful with installing either of these trial demos? Any suggestions on how I can get them to work? A related post for Windows was just sucessfully completed and I have high hopes for this one. Any help would be appreciated. I believe I was sucessful in this many months ago on a Windows unit.

Carl

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 28, 2003
I’m on Windows but I’m pretty sure they install the same way on both platforms. If they don’t appear in the filter menu under the line, there are a couple of other places filters can turn up. One is under the distort grouping that came with the original package. Why? The other place is file>automation tools. I have a Ultra Sharpen filter and a LE PEN Demo that made themselves at home there. Why? Hope this is of some help.

Terri
SS
Susan_S.
Dec 28, 2003
According to the FAQ Buzz is OS9/classic only at the moment- you will need to run Elements in classic mode to access the filters
CS
carl_sutherland
Dec 29, 2003
Susan,

I keep forgetting that people used MACs before I did. I have no experience except with OS X. I believe I have been told that I have OS9 on my machine but that I can not boot up into it. It may be X configured to look like 9 if that makes any sense. I have never used 9 that I know of. Is there someway to do that so I can use these filters or do I have to wait until there is an X version?

Many thanks

Carl
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 29, 2003
Carl, go to system prefs>Classic and click "start classic." Then navigate to the icon for PE and do a get info and select "open in the classic environment." PE should start in Classic when you double-click it after doing that.

If classic isn’t installed, your computer will tell you so when you go to the pref pane.
CS
carl_sutherland
Dec 30, 2003
Barbara,

I’m not up to speed on this. When I go system prefs>Classic, I do not see "start classic". I do see a "Start Classic when you log in". Is that the same think? Then, where do I go for the icon-Finder? Dock? Also, I do not know how to do a "get info" and I can not find anything that looks like "open in the classic environment". If you could help a little more I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Carl
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 30, 2003
Carl, when you open the classic pref pane, there should be a button labelled "start" in there somewhere. Right below the window, I think. That’s where it is in panther and I think it was the same in jaguar.

To do a "get info" navigate to the actual PE application in your applications folder. You don’t want the whole
PE folder-find the icon for the app itself. Click once to highlight it and then press command+i. You will see the get info window and there should be a check box for "open in classic environment."
CS
carl_sutherland
Dec 31, 2003
Hi Barbara,

It worked. I can open PSE 2 in OS9 and the buZZ simplifier is right there ready to go.

Thanks

Carl

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections