WJ
Posted By
Weir_Jo
Oct 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi guys, have cross-posted this on A.G. Photoshop. Grateful if someone could advise what I need to do to achieve this:

I know how to put graphics inside text, but I want to fit a graphic into a circle, which is basically the shape and size of a CD. The source graphic isn’t round, but I’d like it to follow the contour of the circle – fit inside it so nothing spills outside the circle itself.

It’s annoying that I can’t recall the name of this technique – it’s called Powerclipping in CorelDraw if anyone knows what I mean.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 12, 2005
I think what you want is a clipping mask. Create the circle on its own layer as a mask. Put the graphic on the layer above it. Alt-click on the boundary between the two layers to change the mask as a clipping mask.

If you have Photoshop CS2, you can place the graphic as a smart object, and then reload it with other graphics when you create other CDs. My template for doing this in CS2 for Fellowes Neato CD labels can be downloaded at <http://camsul.com/CD-Label-GD.psd> (including Grateful Dead label warped to fit (warning: >7MB download).
Y
YrbkMgr
Oct 12, 2005
I thought he meant type on a path (CS/CS2), or text warp(PS7/CS/CS2).
WJ
Weir_Jo
Oct 12, 2005
Thanks for the suggestion and link to your template. I’ll take a look at it.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections