CL
Posted By
Conor Linberg
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ever since I upgraded to CS I have not had Arial in my font dropdown list in Photoshop. I have Arial in my Macintosh HD / Library / Fonts / Arial and it appears in MS Word’s list. What can I do? I’m running OS X Panther.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
You will need to make sure that that font is active in a Font Management program or even in Apple’s FontBook (which you should find in your Applications folder).
CL
Conor Linberg
Jul 20, 2004
It’s in Font Book and it’s accessible by all other applications including Text Edit, M$ Word, and Mail. I trashed all my Adobe CS prefs in an attempt to have them rebuild their font index but it didn’t work. Other profiles on my computer see the font fine in Adobe Suite CS. Just not my profile.
R
Ram
Jul 20, 2004
Other profiles on my computer see the font fine in Adobe Suite CS. Just not my profile.

If by that you mean that other accounts on your computer work but yours doesn’t, then you have a corrupted account. Create a new account for yourself from scratch.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
Did you try Repairing Permissions?
CL
Conor Linberg
Jul 20, 2004
I have repaired permissions and I just made a long backup of my stuff last night in anticipation of this exact finding. The knowledge base link suggests that I did things properly. It’s time to start over I think.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections