Posted By
Ryan_Brodovcky
Oct 10, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I’ve run into a spontaneous problem with Photoshop CS2 in relation to opening my Nikon raw/NEF images. Whenever I open my raw images, the pixel dimensions are enlarged from 3008×2000 to 6144×4085, and the image file size is increased proportionately. The DPI of 240 remains the same.

I’ve no idea what has caused this problem and have even tried reinstalling Photoshop to no avail.

Also, when doing post production work on raw images, I open them up directly into Photoshop, as opposed to the Camera Raw program that is built in. I do this by holding the shift key and highlighting the respective images and double clicking on them. I would appreciate to know another way of doing this, or if there is a way to do this by default.

If anyone could help me out with this I would greatly appreciate this, as when I open up the images, because of the size increase, it loads for that much longer and I have to edit the image properties of each and every image I work with manually, decreasing my workflow.

Many thanks
Ryan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 10, 2005
Check the size popup in ACR – you choose how much you want to enlarge or reduce the size when you open the file.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections