Canon Mark IIn and .CR2 "not the right kind of document" error.

SS
Posted By
Steven_Sak
Oct 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just received my Mark IIn and I have it set to RAW only capture. Photoshop Bridge does not show me the thumbnail…only the icon and file name. If I click on that I get "Could not complete your request because it is not the right type of document". I have plenty of other .CR2 files in my system from my old Mark II and they open just fine. I have the most recent Camera RAW 3.2 installed, lots of RAM, lots of disk space, Windows XP and lots of experience with Photoshop CS2. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Oct 9, 2005
ACR takes a few months to be updated to recognize the internal signatures of newly-released cameras. The file extension "CR2" is not specific enough, because many different Canon cameras use that extension yet have differing internal data structures. Until ACR is updated to recognize your camera, you can use the Canon software.
SS
Steven_Sak
Oct 9, 2005
Thanks Michael. The Canon software works fine…not great for my workflow, but it will do for now. Can you tell me what ACR stands for or what that is exactly?
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 9, 2005
ACR == Adobe Camera RAW

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections