JM
Posted By
Jon_Morrow
Oct 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
As several other users have reported, the status bar in Photoshop CS2 has suddenly disappeared on my system. In earlier versions of Photoshop, the status bar could be toggled by selecting View -> Status Bar. There’s no such option in CS2. Restoring the Default workspace doesn’t help either.

How do I reactivate the status bar?

I’m not talking about the progress bar, but about the line at the bottom of the main Photoshop window. It’s described in Photoshop help as follows:

"The status bar is located at the bottom of every document window and displays useful information—such as the current magnification and file size of the active image, and brief instructions for using the active tool. The status bar also displays Version Cue information if you have Version Cue enabled."

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 8, 2005
You can now customize the Info Palette to show just about any of the information that the old staus bar could show.
JM
Jon_Morrow
Oct 8, 2005
Yeah, but how do I get the status bar back? It was there this morning, now it’s gone, and I like it!
JJ
John Joslin
Oct 8, 2005
If you mean the bar at the bottom of the image window, try pressing "F" a few times.
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 8, 2005
On earlier versions of PS the status bar was at the bottom of the application window. CS2 doesn’t have an app window as such, since it can now be "rolled up" to reveal the desktop ah la Mac.

The advantage to dual screen users – being able to position anything anywhere – far outweighs the demise of the old style status bar.

It was there this morning, now it’s gone, and I like it!

I like it too <g> but back to the status bar. What you saw this morning was a cut down version of its former self, positioned at the bottom of every image window.

Hitting F for full screen mode (as John eluded to) will mean you wont be able to use it. Maximize, on the other hand, still allows the status bar to be viewed.

It’s really a case of changing your way of working. Personally, I prefer to keep the info palette open on my second monitor.

Hope this helps

Chris.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections