PW
Posted By
Pete_Westervelt
Dec 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Anyone have any idea how to write a file that is JPEG DCF compatible? I am trying to write to a Sony memory stick to display in a Sony TV. Regular JPEGS are not compatible and Sony tells me that the JPEG has to be DCF compatible. This is normally the format that comes out of cameras. Surely there has to be a way to either write it, or at least convert to this.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ray
Dec 24, 2003
Pete,

Have you tried to save your pictures using the Save As… instead of Save For Web ? (or vice versa).
The two functions do not write JPEG files the same way. Perhaps one of these two will do the trick ?

Ray
BB
brent_bertram
Dec 24, 2003
Pete,
I’ve searched on this and from what I’ve seen, it appears that the problem is related to missing EXIF information, and/or specific compression settings in the jpg file. Haven’t seen any "converter" available so far. I have seen other people searching for the same utility, so maybe one will appear .

🙂

Brent
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 24, 2003
I’m surprised Mr. Irfan hasn’t added that feature to his incredible package…
PL
Paul_L_UK
Dec 24, 2003
Is it the file system that has to be DCF compatible ?

When I tried to use Roxio to write a disk to view on a DVD player, I had to format the disk using the non default format. The jpegs were normally encoded.

On thing to try, take a blank memory stick, take one photo, write the photo’s you want to see into the same directory with the same numbering scheme, delete the 1st photo. Dunno if it will work, but may be worth a try.

Paul
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 24, 2003
I just had that same experience. My CD Burner died unexpectedly on Monday, so yesterday I wrote a whole bunch of pix to the SmartMedia card so I could transport them to Sam’s to have them printed.

Tried to see what I had done in my Fuji6900….got read errors. Took the card into Sam’s and their system read them aok.

Never thought about the different formatting for the camera. I’ve had it happen before and didn’t give it much thought.

Dick

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections