S
Posted By
swfisher
Sep 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Whenever I launch Photoshop CS2 (running on XP) I get the following message…

An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please re-install the application.

After this message comes up the application closes when you click on ok.

I have done some research on this in the goole groups but none of the recommendations have worked thus far.

I have tried the following…

Reinstalled the application with a new path.
Checked to make sure the appropriate rights were assigned to the appropriate directories.
Made sure I was in the local Admin group with full rights. Removed every photoshop reference in the registry.
I am not running zone alarm.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
sf

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

T
TT
Oct 1, 2005
Do you have a 2nd PC you can try installing Photoshop on? It may be an error or corruption of a DLL file that’s part of the operating system that’s used by Photoshop, rather than a problem with any of Photoshop’s installation files or registry entries themselves. If that’s the case, you may not have to reinstall the operating system, but you may need to run some sort of operating system selfcheck to see if it can find and repair the offending dynamic link library.

TT

On 30 Sep 2005 16:19:22 -0700, wrote:

An error has been detected with a required application library and the product cannot continue. Please re-install the application.

I have done some research on this in the goole groups but none of the recommendations have worked thus far.

Checked to make sure the appropriate rights were assigned to the appropriate directories.
Made sure I was in the local Admin group with full rights. Removed every photoshop reference in the registry.

Thx
sf
S
swfisher
Oct 2, 2005
TT

That’s a good idea. I’ll give it a try.

sf
TT wrote:
Do you have a 2nd PC you can try installing Photoshop on? It may be an error or corruption of a DLL file that’s part of the operating system that’s used by Photoshop, rather than a problem with any of Photoshop’s installation files or registry entries themselves. If that’s the case, you may not have to reinstall the operating system, but you may need to run some sort of operating system selfcheck to see if it can find and repair the offending dynamic link library.
TT

On 30 Sep 2005 16:19:22 -0700, wrote:

Thx
sf
M
Marcel
Oct 2, 2005
I had a problem once with a software, I don’t remember which. I uninstalled it, re-booted and went into the Register (Run, regedit) and erased all instances of the program (Find, Program). Of course, the register should be backed up first. Then I rebooted. Finally. I reinstalled the program. It worked.
Marcel

wrote in message

Thx
sf

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections