mario
Aug 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Excuse me,

I am a newie and inexpert with photoshop

I need to load some .atn and .8bf files but I have no idea how to do it.

Can you please be kind to tell me the exact steps and menus in photoshop CS 9.0 to follow in order to load each kind of file and later use it on an image.

If there is a link that explains it very clearly and in detail please let me know

Thanks so much,

Mario

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

S
Stephan
Aug 31, 2005
mario wrote:
Excuse me,

Can you please be kind to tell me the exact steps and menus in photoshop CS 9.0 to follow in order to load each kind of file and later use it on an image.

If there is a link that explains it very clearly and in detail please let me know
Do a search on your drive(s) for *.8bf, It will show you the path to the folder

Stephan
JM
John McWilliams
Aug 31, 2005
Stephan wrote:
mario wrote:

Excuse me,

Do a search on your drive(s) for *.8bf, It will show you the path to the folder
The .atn file is an Action file. You can drop it into the folder for actions inside the PS CS folder structure and restart PS, or open the Actions Palette and chose "load actions" and navigate to it.

The other file type I have is associated with Noise Ninja and other 3rd party plugins; they were installed by the P-I.

John McWilliams
K
KatWoman
Sep 1, 2005
"mario" wrote in message
Excuse me,

Thanks so much,

Mario

the folders you need are in the Adobe>Photoshop>Presets> on a PC:
right click on shortcut icon>properties>find target

drag the atn files into Actions
8bf drag into Camera Raw
M
mario
Sep 1, 2005
I did that, but I dont find the filter 8bf under any photoshop menu ? under what menu should I see it ?
M
mario
Sep 1, 2005
I did that and I copied my 8bf in that folder but I cant find it under any photoshop menu, where should I find my 8bf file ?
S
Stephan
Sep 1, 2005
mario wrote:
I did that and I copied my 8bf in that folder but I cant find it under any photoshop menu, where should I find my 8bf file ?
That’s normal, PS needs to find them at startup so you have to restart the program after copying the files

Stephan
K
KatWoman
Sep 1, 2005
"mario" wrote in message
I did that, but I dont find the filter 8bf under any photoshop menu ? under what menu should I see it ?

It is used for converting RAW images, did you try and import any RAW files? if not you won’t see it.
E
edjh
Sep 1, 2005
mario wrote:
No–.8bf is a filter file, not just for RAW. Where it goes depends on what it does. Usually there’s instructions or an installer. Did a Read Me come with it? A good bet is in the Filters folder.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
K
KatWoman
Sep 1, 2005
"edjh" wrote in message
mario wrote:
No–.8bf is a filter file, not just for RAW. Where it goes depends on what it does. Usually there’s instructions or an installer. Did a Read Me come with it? A good bet is in the Filters folder.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

you are right I had it mixed up with something else

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections