Z
Posted By
ZR
Aug 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using the Elipse tool I want to circle an objetc of interest.

My Elipse tool works fine but always fills up with color. I want it to show onlyu the bounderies of the elipse and the rest of this shape should be transparent.

How do I get that transparancy ?

Thanks.

ZR

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

G
Guus013
Aug 21, 2005
Well, if the elipse you create would be transparent it would not be visible. This can be done in Illustrator, where an elipse would have a border. In PS you could choose the Custom Shape Tool and select an elipse or circle. You end up with two circles, one bigger than the other, filled with a color. By resizing this shape you will be able to create the elipse you need, transparent in the middle.

Greets,
Michel

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:14:06 -0400, ZR wrote:

My Elipse tool works fine but always fills up with color. I want it to show onlyu the bounderies of the elipse and the rest of this shape should be transparent.

Thanks.

ZR
LF
Luis F Cruz
Aug 22, 2005
Go to layer styles, then Advanced Blending and decrease the Fill Opacity.

"ZR" wrote in message

Thanks.

ZR
N
neon
Aug 22, 2005
ZR wrote:

Thanks.

ZR
i assume you’re using the pen tool to create the ellipse, which is fine. the reason the ellipse is being filled with the foreground color is because you’re creating a "shape layer" rather than a "work path". if you create a "work path" you can stroke the ellipse rather than filling it. the setting for shape layer, work path, and fill pixels is located at the left side of the pen tool options bar at the top of the screen.
K
Kingdom
Aug 22, 2005
neon wrote in news:SwhOe.7594$PM3.3811
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

ZR wrote:

Thanks.

ZR
i assume you’re using the pen tool to create the ellipse, which is fine. the reason the ellipse is being filled with the foreground color is because you’re creating a "shape layer" rather than a "work path". if you create a "work path" you can stroke the ellipse rather than filling it. the setting for shape layer, work path, and fill pixels is located at the left side of the pen tool options bar at the top of the screen.

He says ‘My Elipse tool’ so it’s not the pen tool.

f=Ma well, nearly…
Z
ZR
Aug 22, 2005
Thank you guys. I think that I made a mistake as this is a Photoshop NG and I am using a PS- Elements 3…… oooopppsss

Nevertheless, I lookd for similar solutions to your suggestions and couldn’t get that.

Back to the other )photoshop.elements NG….

Sorry.

ZR

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:58:27 GMT, Kingdom
wrote:

@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

ZR wrote:

Thanks.

ZR

OF
Ola Forsstr
Aug 23, 2005
ZR wrote:

Thank you guys. I think that I made a mistake as this is a Photoshop NG and I am using a PS- Elements 3…… oooopppsss

Try this:
1) Draw your ellipse
2) Layer > Simplify layer
3) Select ellipse with Magic Wand Tool
4) Select > Modify > Contract by x pixels
5) Delete

Ola
N
neon
Aug 23, 2005
Kingdom wrote:
@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

ZR wrote:

Thanks.

ZR

kingdom’s correct, it is the ‘ellipse tool’ not the ‘pen tool’. it is grouped with the pen tools though. but, my statement about ‘shape layer’/’work path’ is correct…for photoshop. as for elements…i dunno. sorry for the confusion.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections