Posted By
Paul
Aug 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help!
I want to create an action that would open a specific folder where all images are in sequence, open the next file in the sequence perform a size and resolution change on save it to another folder using the same file name and then repeat until all photos have been processed. This is such a simple thing I’m sure it’s already been written, but I can’t find a ready made one or figure out how to do this myself.
Thanks,
Paul

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
Kingdom
Aug 15, 2005
"Paul" wrote in news:fNRLe.9744$:

Help!
I want to create an action that would open a specific folder where all images are in sequence, open the next file in the sequence perform a size and resolution change on save it to another folder using the same file name and then repeat until all photos have been processed. This is such a simple thing I’m sure it’s already been written, but I can’t find a ready made one or figure out how to do this myself. Thanks,
Paul

Create the resizing action, including save and closing the image afterwards. then go to File>Automate>Batch and set source folder and destination folder. Sit back and watch the magic!

f=Ma well, nearly…
P
Paul
Aug 15, 2005
well I tried that, I opened the file, selected the image->image size dialog and put in my size and the ppi. I then saved the file into the destination folder and stoped recording the action. After I wentr to batch mmode and selected the source and destination folders, clicked OK the batch started but it didn’t resize the image, or rather it did but it didn’t save the result to the destination folder just the original larger image!

"Kingdom" wrote in message
"Paul" wrote in news:fNRLe.9744$:

Help!
I want to create an action that would open a specific folder where all images are in sequence, open the next file in the sequence perform a size and resolution change on save it to another folder using the same file name and then repeat until all photos have been processed. This is such a simple thing I’m sure it’s already been written, but I can’t find a ready made one or figure out how to do this myself. Thanks,
Paul

Create the resizing action, including save and closing the image afterwards. then go to File>Automate>Batch and set source folder and destination folder. Sit back and watch the magic!

f=Ma well, nearly…
K
Kingdom
Aug 15, 2005
"Paul" wrote in news:Rs_Le.10920$:

well I tried that, I opened the file, selected the image->image size dialog and put in my size and the ppi. I then saved the file into the destination folder and stoped recording the action. After I wentr to batch mmode and selected the source and destination folders, clicked OK the batch started but it didn’t resize the image, or rather it did but it didn’t save the result to the destination folder just the original larger image!

"Paul" wrote in
news:fNRLe.9744$:

Help!
Paul

f=Ma well, nearly…

http://www.creativemac.com/2002/04_apr/tutorials/psbatch.htm

f=Ma well, nearly…
P
Paul
Aug 15, 2005
Well, it looks like this batch business is all screwed up in CS2 I get all kinds of garbage, well garbage in = garbage out as the saying is. I have found a workaround though. I just create a slide show using custom sizes and the images i want are in the images subdirectory of the slideshow it creates.
"Paul" wrote in news:Rs_Le.10920$:

"Paul" wrote in

Help!
Paul

f=Ma well, nearly…

f=Ma well, nearly…
K
Kingdom
Aug 16, 2005
"Paul" wrote in news:pJ6Me.11190$:

Well, it looks like this batch business is all screwed up in CS2 I get all kinds of garbage, well garbage in = garbage out as the saying is. I have found a workaround though. I just create a slide show using custom sizes and the images i want are in the images subdirectory of the slideshow it creates.
"Paul" wrote in
news:Rs_Le.10920$:

"Paul" wrote in

Help!
Paul

f=Ma well, nearly…

f=Ma well, nearly…

LOL, So long as you get results who cares how you got there.

f=Ma well, nearly…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections