S
Posted By
sdlomi2
Aug 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just installed CS2 on HP computer using easy access keyboard, whose functions I don’t use, & WinXP Pro(LEGIT COPY!). Runs s-l-o-o-o-w & Task Manager shows cpu usage of 99%,; Processes running shows "Starteak.exe" (*Note: ‘eak’) to be the cpu-hungry culprit. That seems to be HP’s "E(asy) A(ccess) K(eyboard)", which if I disable upon each reboot, I can use CS2 just fine.
Any suggestions other than using End Process each reboot? Does anyone know how to use just a generic keyboard and end the Starteak.exe from running at all? Thank you for helping, s

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
RSD99
Aug 3, 2005
"sdlomi2" wrote in message
Just installed CS2 on HP computer using easy access keyboard, whose functions I don’t use, & WinXP Pro(LEGIT COPY!). Runs s-l-o-o-o-w & Task Manager shows cpu usage of 99%,; Processes running shows "Starteak.exe" (*Note: ‘eak’) to be the cpu-hungry culprit. That seems to be HP’s
"E(asy)
A(ccess) K(eyboard)", which if I disable upon each reboot, I can use CS2 just fine.
Any suggestions other than using End Process each reboot? Does
anyone
know how to use just a generic keyboard and end the Starteak.exe from running at all? Thank you for helping, s

Establish a Restore point
Start
Run
MSCONFIG

and turn it off

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections