GC
Posted By
garland_collins
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I have a power mac g4 that is running os 9.2 on it. I have recently installed photoshop 7.0 onto the machine and it crashes everytime the program starts. The error says "the application "Adobe photoshop 7.0" has unexpectedly quit because of an error of type 2 occured. You should save your work in other open applications and restart the computer." I’m new to mac, so could you help me out. Also imageready works but not photoshop.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jul 8, 2004
extension conflict

start with extensions disabled.
R
Ram
Jul 8, 2004
Garland,

How much physical RAM do you have installed? How much RAM assigned to Photoshop? How much available (free) hard drive space is left?

Also, make sure you have applied the Photoshop 7.0.1 update, and that your OS is updated to 9.2.2.
J
jikiboyo
Jul 8, 2004
wrote in message news:…
extension conflict

start with extensions disabled.

I’m a little new to mac os, so could you tell me how to do that?
J
jikiboyo
Jul 9, 2004
Ramón_G_Castañ wrote in message news:…
Garland,

How much physical RAM do you have installed? How much RAM assigned to Photoshop? How much available (free) hard drive space is left?

Also, make sure you have applied the Photoshop 7.0.1 update, and that your OS is updated to 9.2.2.

I am running os 9.2.2 and I believe i am running 384 mb of ram, i am not sure, but i have it set to run at 64 mb of ram

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections