Post script or QXP EPS files open as blank page….

BD
Posted By
Bret_Donaldson
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Post script or "Save Page as EPS" files from Qxp, open as a blank page in PhotoShop CS. Once in a blue moon the files will open correctly, but usually they appear blank.

File size is correct, page dimensions are correct, but no visual information appears in CS. Just the checkerboard pattern as if the file were nothing more than a transparent layer.

This is occurring on multiple G5 machines running CS Suite and Panther 10.3.3. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Ram
Jul 7, 2004
If you happen to be running NAV (Norton Anti Virus) disable it.

If that’s not the cause of your problem, you can troubleshoot further. If it solves your problem, trash everything with the Norton name on it.

It’s OK to use Norton Disk Doctor by booting off the Norton CD.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 7, 2004
In Quark look at the various options in the Save Page As Eps dialog. Do you have Include Images checked? And is the Transparent page option checked?
BD
Bret_Donaldson
Jul 7, 2004
All options are set correctly in Quark. The EPS pages can be placed into a new Quark doc and display properly. For some odd reason, it’s only Photoshop that has a problem.

I’ll look into the NAV issue. Thanks.
F
fentonward
Jul 8, 2004
Not Just Quark – this is happening to me doing the same thing from Freehand MX on a G5 running 10.3.4!

This problem was the reason I registered for this forum – so I shall try the Norton thing and if it works – Bless you ‘cos this was getting very annoying…
J
jonf
Jul 13, 2004
I haven’t had this problem for a while, but I found that it was often necessary to rasterize Quark .ps files as RGB then convert to cmyk in Photoshop. Someone with better knowledge of the problem could probably explain what was happening, but I found that a lot of text and other objects just disappeared if I rasterized directly into cmyk, even though the original Quark doc was entirely cmyk. Not sure if this has any relation to your problem, but it’s a shot.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections