JA
Posted By
jo_ann_bieber
Dec 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING BUT NOTHING SAYS TOOLS. WOULD LIKE TO GET TO CLONE,ERASE,ETC. I HAVE PHOTOSHOP AND CAN GET AROUND EXPERTLY BUT THIS ELEMENTS IS NEW TO ME AND I CAN NOT SEEM TO FIND TOOLS. ALSO WHEN I CLICK ON AN IMAGE I ONLY GET THE ZOOM. HOW DO I GET THE ZOOM IN AND OUT TO GO AWAY?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 15, 2003
Go to Window>Reset Palette Locations and/or Window>Tools (make sure tools is checked. Checking tools will make your tool bar visible.

Please don’t type in all caps. It comes across as shouting when communicating on the net.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Dec 15, 2003
Jo Ann

If you use Photoshop you will find that Elements should be very similar. The tool bar is almost the same as it is in Photoshop with only a few items missing. I suspect the tools bar is not clicked and therefore will be invisible, go
to the top menu click ‘Window’ then scroll down two items to ‘Tools’ and make sure it is clicked on.

Good luck

g.
JA
jerry_a_sanders
Dec 17, 2003
how do i shut off a tool??
ex–i used the crop icon and now of course everytime i am on a photo i have the crop tool. i can change to other tools but nowhere can i find out how to quit them??
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 17, 2003
You can’t shut off a tool. You can only switch to a tool that is less of a nuisance to your work. The best tool for being in is usually the zoom tool or hand tool.
JA
jerry_a_sanders
Dec 19, 2003
thanks mark!
GP
gareth_pierce
Dec 20, 2003
just opened ps this morn and found that the hand tool icon is displayed and no matter what i do i cannot change tools although the tool bar depresses the icon stays as the hand and the other tool will not engage any ideas please
GP
gareth_pierce
Dec 20, 2003
just opened elemts and find that the hand tool is the only tool i can use although the buttons for the other tools depress the cursor stays as the hand tool and the other tool will not engage how do i get rid of this problem please help
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 20, 2003
Gareth,

Whenever anything odd happens in Elements the first thing to try is "delete preferences".

To delete preferences: With Elements closed, click on the start up icon and make a quick grab for the (Win) Control, Alt, and Shift keys (Mac) Command, Option, and Shift. Hold all three down until you get a screen asking if you want to delete Settings. Say Yes. The folder will rebuild as Elements continues to launch.

Try that … if it doesn’t work come back and we will see what else you can do.

Good luck

Wendy
GP
gareth_pierce
Dec 20, 2003
that worked perfik wendy thanx very much have a nice xmas
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Dec 20, 2003
Gareth,

Glad to be of help ….

Merry Christmas
Wendy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections