Won’t print in color, only in gray tones.

BD
Posted By
Barbara_Dieges
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just loaded Adobe Photoshop 6 on my new Mac G4, running OSX and 9. Have been printing color photos from Photoshop on my "old" G4, using the Epson 870. It isn’t the printer, because I can print the same photo in Deneba’s Canvas 3.5 (old program, but I like it.) Have I hit the wrong button. Help!!!

The photo shows up in color, but won’t print in color. Yes, the color button is checked. I tried to print another photo and had the same issue, prints in gray tones, but not color.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
Jul 2, 2004
I had an 870 it printed in color just fine in Classic mode.

Not really sure what your problem is. I decided that since I moved to OSX (when it was first released) it would be best to start using all native software. Remember Classic is an emulation of OS9 just like virtual Windows on the Mac.

I suggest it would be best to upgrade.
G
graffiti
Jul 2, 2004
Try booting in OS 9 and see if it works. That may be your only hope.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 2, 2004
Try trashing any prefs. which are related to printing and re-installing all Epson software.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections