How do I remove redness from peoples’ faces?

BW
Posted By
Brett_Watson
Dec 11, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d like to figure out how to remove redness from around peoples’ noses and cheek bones. You know, like when it’s cold out and people look a little red. I tried using the color adjustment and reducing red levels, but that changes the color of the skin too much. I’d like to simply reduce some of the redness without altering the skin color surrounding the red. Is this possible? Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 11, 2003
Brett, one of many methods available to you is to use the Sponge tool in Desaturate mode. You will want to create a duplicate of your background layer before performing this surgery, and do your ‘painting’ on the duplicate layer. You can also do a selection on the face, then add a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and reduce the saturation. Lots of approaches – I’m sure others will have more to offer!
B
BobHill
Dec 11, 2003
Brett,

Try using the appropriate brush size and the Dodge tool (round lolly pop) over the redish area.

Bob
MR
Mark_Reibman
Dec 11, 2003
To extend Chucks suggestion a little further. With a Hue Saturation box open, select from the menu ‘red’ and move the saturation slider to the left until you get enough of the red out. I find it usually works very well.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 11, 2003
Mark, thanks – much better suggestion!
BW
Brett_Watson
Dec 11, 2003
Thanks for all the tips. I tried them all, but for the particular photos I had in mind Mark’s suggestion worked the best. Thanks again.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 11, 2003
Mark’s tip was copied into my Tips folder – really good!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections