Posted By
kotik
Jun 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I have trouble finding the exact mid-point of circles and other objects. Right now I only take a guess where the mid point of the shape is, but why not work a little more professionally? There must be a simple way that Photoshop does that for you.

Please help me out. I would really appreciate you help.

Thanks in Advance

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Jun 9, 2005
If the object is isolated on a layer, a simple ctrl-t (free transform) will tell you where the midpoint is.
K
kotik
Jun 9, 2005
Wow… how come i never thought of that.

But what if you want to mark that point. I mean while Ctrl+T selected you cannot use any other tools. You end up guessing what point that was anyway.
PS
Phil_Scarsbrook
Jun 9, 2005
After pressing Ctrl+T, you can drag in vertical and horizontal guides.
P
patrick
Jun 9, 2005
With Ctrl-T still active and the center indicated, drag a vertical and guide to intersect on the mid-point marker.
.. . . . patrick
wrote in message
Wow… how come i never thought of that.

But what if you want to mark that point. I mean while Ctrl+T selected you cannot use any other tools. You end up guessing what point that was anyway.
SP
Scott_Perkins
Jun 9, 2005
If you have an object isolated on its own layer. Make sure you have snap to guides turned on. Then, drag out guides from the side and top. As you do, they should snap to the edges and the center of the object. Where the two guides intersect should be the midpoint of the object.

–Scott
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 9, 2005
You could do this with a pretty simple script if the object is either selected or on its own layer. You could calculate the midpoint of the bounding rectangle and then mark it by, for example, selecting the midpoint pixel or several pixels and fill the selection with a colour.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections