JC
Posted By
JV_Cook
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PhotoShop CS, in OS X 10.3.4, on a Dual 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5. I use bitmap images to create special effects for poster art. The problem is: several of the angles I choose for the bitmaps do not appear at the correct angle.

For example- take an RGB color image (72dpi), and split the channels. Select the blue channel, go to Image>Mode>Bitmap. In the Bitmap dialog box leave the Output at 72 pixels/inch. For Method select Use: Halftone Screen. Click OK.

In the Halftone Screen dialog box, set the Frequency to 3 lines/inch. Set the Angle to 85 degrees. Set the Shape to Line. Click OK.

Now select the green channel (of the original image). Go to Image>Mode>Bitmap. The Output remains at 72 pixels/inch, the Method remains Halftone Screen. Click OK.

In the Halftone Screen dialog box set the Frequency to 5 lines/inch. And leave the Angle at 85 degrees, and the Shape set on Line. Click OK.

Compare these two bitmap line images and you will see that the angles of the lines are different.

I have found at certain Frequencies per inch that the Angles are never correct. Can anyone explain this? Am I doing something wrong?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections