alternate way for alt-clicking for someone who does noy have the use of their left arm/hand

D
Posted By
dovidkaplan
Jun 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am otherly abled due to a stroke and want to use the Stamp tool,but can not hold down the alt-key with my left hand. is there an alternate way to start the stamping process? with only the use of the right hand?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 9, 2005
windows has several accesibility functions, including and on screen keyboard that lets you use "sticky keys". you can hit the alt key there and have it take affect in ps.

start> programs> accessories> accessability
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 9, 2005
Another suggestion also is, if you’ve not already done so, to look into purchasing a mouse with 4 keys or more. Many such mice offer software drivers that allow the keys to be redefined. While it can become confusing, I know that Kensington mice came with a MouseWorks driver that not only allowed you to define the keys on the mouse but to also associated those definitions with specific applications. The potentially confusing part is that the keys would dynamically update according to whichever application you scrolled the cursor into, but I actually found it was pretty easy to adjust to for the few affected applications I used. Even without the application-specific mapping, I’d expect you to find a customizable mouse to be a great asset if you’re largely performing one-handed operations.

Regards,

Daryl
D
dovidkaplan
Jun 9, 2005
thank you so much. i will try to look into getting a revved up mouse tomorrow and let you know how it goes. thanks again
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Jun 9, 2005
FYI: Logitech and Microsoft also make programmable mice. I use a Logitech and I can do much work normally reserved for a tablet.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections