YOU STUPID .TIFF, why whont you print properly???

AG
Posted By
Andrew_Gscoigne
Jun 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey all,

Ok the problem!
Iv made some work in photshop and saved it as a .tiff and when i print the file out i get ‘jaggerd’ edges on curved images.It also does the same on jpegs.I have also printed a eps file and that was fine,but the colours were all off(plus the file was HUGE!!).I need it as a tiff file so that i can take it into quark.

Any ideas???

Im using mac os 9.2, running photoshop 6.01(it has been updated and i have tried other photoshop versions and mac os’s).The file is at 300 dpi

Thanks for your help people

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RW
Rene_Walling
Jun 28, 2004
Jaggies are usually cause by insufficient resolution.

Perhaps if we had more information about your file, it would be easier to provide a more useful answer (size, resolution, OS and software used, printer etc…)

BTW, you can import EPS files into Quark and they shouldn’t be that much bigger than a TIFF
AG
Andrew_Gscoigne
Jun 28, 2004
Hi,
yes usually jaggies are caused by the low reolution and that was the first thing i checked. But i really shouldnt be getting jaggies at 300 dpi @ 3354 x 2280(DVD box inlay with bleed). I have tried different mac’s(with different & same OS and different & same photoshop versions) to see if it was a fault with my mac.
I have also printed to 3 different printers(HP Colour laserjet 4600n, HP colour laserjet 4550N, Canon Colour laserjet 1130), from the different computers i used and they all have exactly the same result.It seems to be how photoshop is saving the tiff, but if it is that then it must be a problem with the photoshop product.

yes i know you can use EPS files in quark, thats what i had to do on this ocasion, but i had to make do with the colours being off, lol and at the 300 dpi it didnt even print, so i had to reduce the dpi loads.But like a said before, i have printed the tiff from photoshop and it has printed out nice a crisp, so dont know whats happening there.

I am using Quark express 5 on mac OS 9.2(but i have used many OS’s around the building, with the same result). I have got photoshop 6.01( but have tried 7 with this problem).

Thanks for your help 🙂
RW
Rene_Walling
Jun 28, 2004
Are you getting a different colour printing both the EPS and the TIFF from Quark?

If yes, is Quark Color management on or off?

Do you have the "Full Reoslution TIFF file" option checked in Quark’s print dialog box?

Be aware that when spooling, Quark rewrites TIFF files, dropping information it judges to be superfluous (even though it isn’t) which is why using EPS files is better (IMHO) because Quark doesn’t modify those.
AG
Andrew_Gscoigne
Jun 28, 2004
ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

YOU!!……YOU!! your a top top man 😛

It was quark all along.I didnt tick the box for full resolution.I just assumed that it should have printed it out according to the file.I did actually change the dpi setting in quark but that didnt make any difference at all. Well at least all my problems were down to some simple little tick box hehehe

Thanks again O buddy O pal 😀

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections